Classic Turntable - The Muscle Car of Audio
Click here to download the Classic Manual
Click here to see cartridge recommendations
“The Classic, in my opinion, exceeds the performance of [VPI’s] ScoutMaster series and breaks new sonic ground… at a breathtakingly low price. I think this is Weisfeld’s best sounding design. If ever there were a best buy in ‘tables, this is it!”
– Harry Pearson, The Absolute Sound, Golden Ear Award Issue, June/July 2009
I’ve unboxed too many $3,000 turntables that my dog could chew to bits in a matter of seconds. VPI’s robust construction puts any such fears to rest. Price be damned, the Classic is one of the most engaging turntables I’ve had the pleasure to use.
– Jeff Dorgay, Tone Audio, 2012
The VPI’s exact PRaT, the rise times of transients and their sudden stops generated a very lively 'no fat' presentation that didn’t linger but appeared explosive and fit. In the bass, the degree of definition, speed and grip were arguably class leading for this price range. It really was marvelous just what the Classic could recover on data in the sub range – perfectly suitable for the critical audiophile listener. Bass quality—tempo, articulation, pitch definition—is first rate down into the infra-sonic’s. The VPI casts a shockingly large yet transparent soundstage. Sounds are precisely rendered and embodied. In matters of audible space, the Classic is exemplary. This deck is highly dynamic and rhythmic and even large voltage shifts are parlayed instantaneously. - 6moons
Having been reviewed and featured in countless Audio Magazines, Cigar Aficionado, television series, and even the Discovery Channel; the Classic is a staple product by VPI Industries. The Classic offers true high-end sound while being partner friendly and reasonably priced for all audiences. Its multi layered rigid design and build quality offers a rich yet highly detailed presentation.
It is an easily upgradable table giving the user the ability to grow with their listening experience and pocketbook.
- ¾” walnut or black oak framing a solid MDF chassis bonded with black wrinkle finish 11 gauge steel and dampening fabric for the ultimate in a non-resonant and properly grounded base for the turntable to work.
- Inverted bearing - hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sitting on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-tooter effects.
- Off-set counter weight standard 140 gm + 10 gm outrigger weight.
- Left rear mounted AC synchronous 600 RPM Motor sitting on separate motor plate mounted on silicone isolator.
- 20 pound damped platter machined from 6061 aluminum to +/- .001” in a 39” circumference!!!
- Motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory.
- Adjustable anti-skate.
- Isolation using solid machined Delrin feet sitting on 3 hardened steel balls and attached to the table with an isolator so powerful you can put the table next to your speakers.
- Wow and flutter: >.1%
- Speed Accuracy: >.04%
- Rumble: >78db down
- 20 ½ x 15 ½ x 9 ½ (top of the wire loop).
- Footprint: 19 1/4" x 14 1/4"
- Total Weight: 65 pounds
- Pivot to spindle distance: 258mm
- Effective length: 273.42mm
- Overhang: 15.42mm
- Offset angle: 19.98 degrees
- Average RMS distortion: .311%
- Armtube critically damped internally with 1.7 pound foam.
- Premium Discovery wire used internally and in junction box, optional Nordost Valhalla wire.
- High quality RCA outputs standard XLR available as an option.
- Unipivot design with zero friction and zero bearing chatter.
- Dropped counterweight for tracking force and azimuth adjustment and low center of gravity.
- Height adjustable base for precise setting of VTA/SRA
- Solid construction of the base assembly guarantees solid bass performance.
- Adjustable anti-skate settings if needed.
- VTA on the Fly arm base for precise height adjustment of cartridge.
- Periphery Ring to flatten warps and add 7 pounds to platter.
- HR-X Center Weight for ease of use and a perfect match for periphery ring.
- HR-X Feet
- 3D Printed tonearm for the ultimate in reproduced sound off a vinyl record!!!
- Synchronous Drive System (SDS) – Lets the motor run silently with perfect speed and no micro changes in rotation caused by power line errors.
- Classic Dustcover