Jonathan Weisfeld - JMW Memorial
As VPI Industries celebrates our 30th Anniversary, we would like to thank all of you who have made this possible. In addition, we would like to thank you for making it possible for our son, Jonathan, (who would also be thirty this year) who co-designed the JMW tonearms to be remembered in a positive way. Through your donations to the Jonathan Weisfeld Memorial Fund and with a percentage of the money from the purchase of the JMW Memorial tonearms, as well as the purchase of the "Ketzev" tapes and CDs (which are still available) we have been able to establish "The Jonathan Weisfeld Memorial Fund" with the purpose of furthering arts and music.
Here are some of the things our family has done with the funds:
- A podium and sound system with a memorial plaque were purchased for the High School Jonathan was supposed to graduate from the following year. It is still being used.
- A scholarship was established to be presented yearly to a student who displayed similar traits as Jonathan and planned to attend college.
- A bench in Jonathan's memory was put in front of his old high school.
- A flowering pear tree with daffodils (which flower in March on Jonathan's birthday) were planted three years ago in the high school's Memorial Garden.
- Donations have made yearly to: the Creative Arts Society and Music Society in Jonathan's high school.
- A donation was made to one of the "Challenger Parks" in the Monmouth Park System. (Children who are physically challenged and cannot use the regular equipment in a park can now have a park where they can play with equipment that is reachable).
- Donations were made to the WAGGGS (World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts) with the funds being used to support the four International World Centers and to help undeveloped countries stop human trafficking and the spread of HIV.
- Funds were given to the New Jersey Arts Center for a paver and seat.
- Funds were given for a "brick" for the new "Roggy Field" recently renovated at the local high school.
- Money is donated yearly to Raritan Hospital in New Jersey for their "Garden of Hope" and "Wall of Honor" which is at both of their facilities.
- A donation was made in Jonathan's memory to the sculpture erected at "Our Cabana" in Cuernavaca, Mexico, which is another one of the four International World Centers and funds were used for help given to the poor in surrounding areas.
And the newest project the fund to further Arts and Music is being used for is:
- A new performing arts center at Camp Sac for the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shores. The Jonathan Weisfeld Memorial Fund will be paying for this. Upon completion, a photo will be displayed for your viewing.
VPI didn't just take your money for the fund and not use it for what it was intended. Our family used it for positive things to keep our son's memory alive.
We continue with the commitment we made to all of you thirty years ago and produce sound the best that it can be produced
We thank all of you for making all of this a reality.
Sheila, Harry, and Mathew Weisfeld and everyone here at VPI Industries.